- Chapter 1. Introduction (video)
This chapter describes the purpose, target group, writing process, and contents of the handbook. It also presents definitions and other GBL- related terminology used in the handbook.
- Chapter 2. Learning and teaching with DGBL in mathematics: State of the art (video)
This chapter describes the current trends in DGBLM and its benefits, as well as some specific examples from empirical research.
- Chapter 3. Foundations of educational game design (video)
This chapter describes the foundations for designing educational games. It is especially recommended for readers who not only want to go beyond using the existing games, but also want to know more about how to design educational games themselves.
- Chapter 4. Examples of digital math games (video)
This chapter describes examples of digital games in mathematics, including a systematic analysis of these games.
- Chapter 5. Games developed as part of the GAMMA project (video)
This chapter describes the seven digital games that were developed and used in the GAMMA project.
- Chapter 6. Guidelines and implementation (video)
This chapter presents ways to model a mathematics lesson using GBL and how to implement it in the classroom.